Thursday, September 26, 2013

Freshman Rant


 

The other day, my class went to a preview of the school play. Before the scene started some under classman decided to play ‘who can get the last clap’. Of course this provoked others around me; sophomores where yelling “shut up!” seniors whispered “really?” and “how immature”. Seeing this response from the sophomores and seniors, I knew it had to be the freshman playing that game.

            I guess my question is why? Why do the freshman have to be so obnoxious? Do they not care if they get beat up? Do they even know how annoying their being? Most of all do they know how disrespectful their being?

            You’re getting out of class to watch a play preview. Not only that, but the actors have been preparing for so long. Making everything perfect. Memorizing the script. Becoming the character. And you have the nerve, as freshman, to play the last clap game while the director is beginning to talk?

            You’re freshman. You’re not ‘the top dogs’ anymore. You’re at the bottom of the food chain. Do you not understand that? Why is it so hard to sit down and watch a play preview for what? 20 minutes? 30 at most. And you sit here and just clap you’re little hands hoping people will think you’re funny. Well I can tell by the response from the people around you, and my opinion, you’re not ‘cool’.

            Another thing freshman do is walk to close to people or push people in the hallway. You don’t need to be standing so close to someone that you repeatedly step on the back of their feet. I have blisters from this! And seriously stop pushing people. You have plenty of time to get to your class. There is no need to push people into other people. I can see brushing past someone who isn’t moving and lightly apologizing or saying excuse me. Is that really so hard? Is you’re tiny body filled with so much rage that you have to push an upperclassmen? Do you want to get beat up?

            I blame the freshman’s lack of common sense but also the lack of helpful older siblings to guide them through the do’s and don’ts of the high school community.

 

(374)

No comments:

Post a Comment