Thursday, October 31, 2013

Calm Down


On the weekends, I work at a little place called DonutLand. One morning a couple came in and were deciding on donuts, I overheard the woman say something about slivered almond, so I asked, ‘would you like some of those ma’am?’ she responded in a very sharp tone, with, ‘can we have a conversation without you interrupting? Thanks.’ I quickly apologized and remained quiet until I was sure they were talking to me.

I’m not a very emotional person, but when people that I don’t even know; that I’m trying to help, yell at me, I get pretty frazzled. My co-workers and everyone else that has a job serving people, probably feel the same way. I don’t really want to be yelled at before it’s even 8 o’clock in the morning and especially by someone I don’t know. I’m a teenage girl getting up every morning to work, either at school or at my job serving people with a smile. I don’t need sympathy or pity, just for you to treat me the way you would like to be treated. That is the golden rule after all isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment