Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Theft


All throughout our lives we see things we want, but for some of us just wanting these items means you have to have them. Being in a school with over 1800 students, there are a lot of different personality traits. Some of which include sticky fingers.

            I know a girl who recently got her phone stolen while eating lunch. But why would someone ever steal a phone? It can be traced or shut off so you wouldn’t have any use for it anyways. I guess you could always sell it but what if they find out it was stolen? There are just so many flaws in this plan, so many ‘what if’s’. I really don’t understand why people steal though. You’re in high school so you can probably get a job and get your own money and expensive items. Don’t you have moral standards anyways? Have you ever thought ‘would I like it if someone stole my hard earned money or connection to the outside world?

            You’re not only stealing someone’s phone or money, you’re also stealing someone’s trust, someone’s faith in humanity and sometimes even in themselves. I’ve never had anything stolen from me but if I did I would have blamed myself for being so careless and stupid when it really was you being careless and stupid.

            So next time you want to take that girls phone or take the rich boys money. Think. Think about what you’re really doing. Think about what you’re doing to them; think about people stealing you’re phone or money; your security. Now think. Is that really worth it?


(266)

No comments:

Post a Comment